This is about the time I start picking recipes that don't involve the oven - pasta salads are good for that.
When I saw this Spring Pasta Salad from Family Fresh Cooking, it was one of those moments that made me wonder. I like bacon, I like asparagus, I like feta...why haven't I ever thrown them all together in a bowl full of pasta and married it with ranch dressing?? Hel-lo
Follow the link for the original Spring Pasta Salad here because I really didn't have to change anything about the ingredients, so I can't take any credit for this bowl full of deliciousness.
Here are some adjustments I made when preparing the recipe.
- I used a Garlic & Herb Feta, which added a great punch of flavor and eliminated the need for extra seasonings
- Don't add salt. Seriously, between the bacon and the ranch, and the feta, there's plenty of salt to go around
- Set your bacon to bake in the oven first; this will allow a perfect amount of time to cook your pasta and asparagus while the bacon is cooking
- I combined the cooked pasta and asparagus in a large bowl and set it in the freezer while I prepared the dressing mixture to give it enough time to cool down
- In a medium bowl, I combined the feta, green onions, ranch, lemon juice and olive oil. Once the pasta was cooled, I poured in the dressing mixture and tossed everything to combine. I didn't have any issues with the pasta sticking together
- Save the bacon to throw on top of the pasta right before serving, otherwise the dressing will soften the bacon that you put all the effort into making crispy
I love pasta salad season, and this is definitely going to be a repeat at our table this summer. Enjoy!